STAGE 1 Foundation of Success
Moses' Halftime Journey:
Moses grew up in Pharaoh's court and learned what it meant to prosper and have power. Yet Moses reached a point in his life where he questioned his purpose and began to search for something more.
When you are just beginning your mid-life experience it is not likely that you even know it is the beginning of a new era. Many people who begin to sense something is missing at mid-life find it confusing and unsettling.
A significant life event may have triggered this, such as your youngest child leaving for college, the death of a parent, sadly sometimes a divorce, or a significant success or failure in your career can lead to a time of reassessing. For others it is simply a calm stretch of water where we have a chance to look around and see where life has taken us and for the most part we are pleased. We want to celebrate our successes, recognizing that it is the foundation for our second half, but something nagging inside says that it has not delivered what we expected.
Regardless of which door you enter through; there are a handful of common things most people ask themselves at these earliest moments:
- My first half of life has been somewhat successful, in fact I have accomplished much of what I set out to do, but is there more to life than my current situation?
- What do I consider to be eternally significant?
- What on earth would give my life meaning? What is my real purpose on earth?
- Am I alone in feeling this way?
- How much (stuff, money, advancement) is enough?
- Was my first half success a foundation for something more significant in my second half?