Halftime is defined as a pause in life to think strategicly about the how to live the second half of life.
During the first half we are wired for success. For the second half we want more. How do we transition in a heathly manner through the period of "middlescense".
The best advice of those that have made the transition include:
- Take a low cost probe - to determine if your dream for a second half activity really fits your heart.
- If you have a pretty good idea of your mission, grab hold of the new rope while keeping a grip on your current rope.
- Get some counsel from among peers, a trusted small group of mentors, your pastor or a engage a personal coach.
- A great small group tool is the Halftime - Changing Your Life Plan from Success to Significance, a video groupware by Halftime.
- Some find the most attractive leap is to get more formal education, not for a degree, but for the training and insight.
- A great option is to take a focused retreats to wrestle with the issues and settle the matter between you and your maker for all time. Second Half Ministries and The Masters Program provide such opportunities.
Halftime is a time out a time to think
seriously about one's purpose in life and draft a game plan for the
second half. It is a time when the quest for success loses meaning,
and you ask, "Is this it? I've achieved some level of accomplishment,
and done much of what I set out to do. What's next?"
Second Half Ministries
Providing singles and couples in mid-life the opportunity
to thoughtfully discover their unique design and open the exciting door to their
life purpose and unique contribution for the rest of their lives.
The Masters Program
A distinctive three-year life coaching experience to prepare
high capacity leaders for Kingdom impact, serving groups of
Halftimers in a growing number of cities across the country.
Columbia Biblical Seminary
CBS provides ministry training for mid-life transition with a Great Commission focus. Their flexible programs and non-traditional delivery systems let you customize your training to meet your needs.
Providing information, challenge and pathways for people
to serve in ministries. A majority of people are stuck at the
question "Is this God's will for my life?" The Bible answer is
to use your natural talents. What are they? Investigate the coaching options vetted by the Finishers Project.
Finding significance in your second half will cause you to ...
- discover the primary reasons for your existence.
- wake up in the morning with great anticipation of the day ahead.